Scottish DJ and music producer Calvin Harris’s home caught fire a few days after he attended the Grammy Awards. Emergency services were called out to the residence at about 8 p.m. on Wednesday after reports of a smell of smoke on the third floor.
The three-story home is located in Southern California’s Beverly Crest neighborhood, which is north of Beverly Hills and west of West Hollywood.
The Los Angeles Fire Department allegedly sent about 10 fire units and at least 20 responders to the scene, where an eyewitness told reporters that smoke was visible from the roof.
The firefighters identified the source of the fire near the theater room and spent nearly an hour extinguishing the flames near an HVAC system. According to reports, the fire was caused by an electrical mishap and caused about $100,000 in damages.
Calvin Harris's Los Angeles home partially caught on fire this week — and it sounds like firefighters sent the whole cavalry at first.
— TMZ (@TMZ) February 9, 2024
Reports also claim that Harris was not at home at the time of the fire, and he has not been living there for some time. It is also believed that he has been leasing it out for years.
According to the New York Post, Harris got married to TV and radio presenter Vick Hope last year, and they are both based in Ibiza, where he reportedly purchased a 138-acre farm.
During the Grammy Awards, the music producer was nominated for Best Pop Dance Record, which he lost to Kylie Minogue’s “Padam Padam.” Harris previously dated American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift from March 2015 to June 2016.
At the Grammy Awards, the pair were in the same room. Footage obtained from the event showed Swift walking past Harris and his wife, who were both seated at a different table away from her.
However, the pair did not seem to interact throughout the event. Despite their history, multiple sources report that there is no bad blood between them.