Four of the nine high school students arrested for their classmate’s demise have been charged as adults.

Four high school students in Las Vegas faced the court as adults on second-degree murder charges for the alleged beating of their classmate last November. The fight was captured on cellphone video and went viral on social media.

The Associated Press is not naming the students because they were juveniles at the time of the incident. So far, nine students have been arrested in connection with the incident that led to the demise of 17-year-old Jonathan Lewis Jr.

Chief Deputy District Attorney John Giordani said the other students are awaiting separate hearings. Giordani also said in court that the indictment also charges the teenagers with conspiracy to commit battery, a gross misdemeanor.

According to Las Vegas police, ten students between the ages of 13 and 17 participated in the incident that took place after school on Nov. 1, 2023, in an alleyway just around the corner from Rancho High School. The police department said that investigators are still searching for the 10th suspect.

Las Vegas Police Lieutenant Jason Johansson said the cellphone video showed Lewis taking off his shirt to prepare for the fight. However, the other students charged at him and began punching him. Cellphone videos also showed Lewis’ attackers stomping on him while he was on the ground.

According to Johannson, after the fight, someone found Lewis badly beaten and unconscious and carried him back to the school, where the staff called 911 and tried to help him.

Police officials stated that the fight started over a stolen vape pen and a pair of wireless headphones. Giordani said in a court hearing last month that although Lewis threw the first punch, the four suspects had not been acting in self-defense, as their lawyers claim.

“The videos are pretty horrific. Jonathan was in a fetal position as he was being attacked, Giordani said.

Lewis’ family has not reacted publicly to news of the indictments. The family also plans to set up a foundation in their son’s memory for other youth at risk of similar challenges.

According to Breitbart News, in Nevada, a teenager facing a murder charge can be charged as an adult if they were 13 or older at the time of the alleged crime.